Friday, March 27, 2009

MY FAVORITE PLACE TO GO..., by Jason B., 4th Grade

My favorite place to go is the beach. There is a space just for us. Just down the road from our cottage in Cape Cod is a beach where we all sit in our beach chairs, relax, and lay in the hot sun. One of my favorite things to do at the beach is to fish. I haven't caught a large fish yet, but I've caught many crabs. Crabs are pinchy and hurt when they bit. One way to catch a crab is to use a net with a small piece of steak or chicken. We tie the meat with a string and hang it near the rocks. The crab pops out of the rocks and when it grabs hold of the meat, we pull the string up and put the crab into our buckets. Sometimes we throw them back...if they are small and lucky. But sometimes we boil water and put the crabs into the hot water and eat them....hummy! And I can't wait to go back to my favorite place again.

Jason B.

No comments:

Post a Comment